The post was asking why do students write blogs, post pictures and communicate over the web and not in a classroom setting. It said that over 80% of students hvae internet access and feel the need to express themselves via the internet. It talked a lot about kids feeling that need to be accepted and wanted. They achieve that by blogging, writing songs, ect and posting them on the internent. I commented and said that I think students can hid behind the computer and not really be seen. They can be who they wanna be and no one can judge them by their looks or personality.
Why Teach- Cathy Davidson
This post talked about different ways of allowing students to learn. She allowed some of her students to teach apart of the class. They were the leaders for that week and then the next week 2 more students would teach the class.Everyone eventually had a chance to explore a topic, method, or idea that they have not tried before.
I commented and said I thought that this was a wonderful idea. I loved the fact the students were teaching because it brought a differnt "flow" to the class room. It allowed the other students to maybe understand the concept being taught in a differnt way.

No comments:
Post a Comment