Post #2 on a teachers blog is on the same on, The Connected Principal by George Couros. I commented on his post entitled, Standing in the back, watching the Screens. He talks about how the students are allowed to use computers in the classroom. He said that there is not restriction on them and the students can view whatever website they choose. Most of the students were playing around on them and not taking notes or using there time wisely with them. He says he is unsure of what to do about the situation. I commented and said thank you for posting and I can see the trouble about having the computers in the classroom. Most of the students in my classes bring their laptops to class and takes notes. Some students just bring them to play around on and they don't pay attention. I said I still don't know how I feel about his situation with his high school students using them. My school didn't allow students to bring laptops to school. I learned the old fashion way and I turned out just fine. I know technology is changing and the opportunity to have computers in schools and using the internet to connect, and share with others is on the rise. I am still at a stand still about the whole situation.Thursday, March 31, 2011
C4T Summary
My first teacher blog was The Connected Principal by George Couros, is currently a school principal at Forest Green School and Connections for Learning, located in Stony Plain, Alberta, Canada. His blog talks about how teachers need to improve instruction, and need to have teachers spend time in each other’s classrooms. They need to see how students are attending to classroom instruction and activities. I comment and said I think its a great idea. I think more teachers can learn from one another as well as watching how the students interact and learn.
Post #2 on a teachers blog is on the same on, The Connected Principal by George Couros. I commented on his post entitled, Standing in the back, watching the Screens. He talks about how the students are allowed to use computers in the classroom. He said that there is not restriction on them and the students can view whatever website they choose. Most of the students were playing around on them and not taking notes or using there time wisely with them. He says he is unsure of what to do about the situation. I commented and said thank you for posting and I can see the trouble about having the computers in the classroom. Most of the students in my classes bring their laptops to class and takes notes. Some students just bring them to play around on and they don't pay attention. I said I still don't know how I feel about his situation with his high school students using them. My school didn't allow students to bring laptops to school. I learned the old fashion way and I turned out just fine. I know technology is changing and the opportunity to have computers in schools and using the internet to connect, and share with others is on the rise. I am still at a stand still about the whole situation.
Post #2 on a teachers blog is on the same on, The Connected Principal by George Couros. I commented on his post entitled, Standing in the back, watching the Screens. He talks about how the students are allowed to use computers in the classroom. He said that there is not restriction on them and the students can view whatever website they choose. Most of the students were playing around on them and not taking notes or using there time wisely with them. He says he is unsure of what to do about the situation. I commented and said thank you for posting and I can see the trouble about having the computers in the classroom. Most of the students in my classes bring their laptops to class and takes notes. Some students just bring them to play around on and they don't pay attention. I said I still don't know how I feel about his situation with his high school students using them. My school didn't allow students to bring laptops to school. I learned the old fashion way and I turned out just fine. I know technology is changing and the opportunity to have computers in schools and using the internet to connect, and share with others is on the rise. I am still at a stand still about the whole situation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment