Thursday, April 7, 2011

Blog Post #11

source:apps.k12.mi.usMrs. Cassidy's class was so cute. I loved watching the video, Little Kids..Big Potential. I loved watching the youtube video of the children working in the class room. The little voices are so cute and they all seems so happy and ready to learn. This is what truly excites me about teaching. I didn't have computers or videos or the use of internet in my classrooms as I was growing up and I think it would have benefited me and my other classmates tremendously. The Skye interview with Mrs. Cassidy was interesting as well. She talked about how she has been working with all these new technologies and programs with her students. She said she has a had website for 10 years,  a blog for about 5 and a video for about 2 years.I think it is a great idea that the children have blogs they can use. One little boy said he was excited because he knows that people all around the world can see the classroom blog and that he likes when people comment on it.
 Mrs. Cassidy explained how she protects her students from the "bad things" on the internet. She doesn't let  them  use their last name or post a picture. I think this is a good and safe idea. There are so many bad things out on the internet and I myself would want to protect my children from them. She also give some great ideas on how to begin learning and one of the ways was with a PLN. The PLN is very useful! I like having mine and I will use it in my classroom. It is just an easier way to keep track of things. I will also use Skye. I think having other teacher's ideas are important because I know children don't want to listen to me the whole time, plus it gives them something else to watch and listen to so they do not get distracted.

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more with what you said about the benefits of technology in the classroom! This will give our students something to look forward to instead of them just using paper and pencils. I also loved how she gave great security tips. That way she has the parents and the faculty members on board. I will also keep my PLN. I like how I can keep everything on it that I need so that it will be easier to access from my classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Casey,

    I also didn't have the opportunity to use technology in the classroom, and I know I would have benefited from it. Mrs. Cassidy does a great job incorporating technology in her classroom, and her students are so engaged and really learning the content. It is amazing how well they respond to the technology, and I believe all students should have this opportunity. I hope we all have the ability to use technology because our students need it.

    ReplyDelete