- Mr. McClung seems like a great teacher. He has respectable rules and expectations. He expects his students to come to class everyday ready to learn and have postive energy. He wants his students to learn from one another and to not be afraid to speak up in class. I think these are great expectations and I hope to use these in my classroom as well!
- I believe that all students should have a calendar or a daily planner. This is very important because it can keep everyone on track and it also lets you know what is coming up in the next couple of days or weeks that needs to get done. I myself have a planner and I couldn't live without it!
- According to Mr. McClung, each day that the work is late a letter grade is lowered. If late on the fourth day, it is a failing grade on the assignment. Dr. Strange's penalty for late work is the possibility of an “F” and if continued late work, then the letter grade may result in a "D."
- I hope to one day show my students how the internet is useful in more ways than just googling. I have learned a lot of YouTube and from reading others blogs, for example Mr. McClung. He has a well kept blog that shows future teachers like myself ways of organizing and getting students to pay attention and want to learn. I hope my future students enjoy blogging and watching YouTube as much as I have.-I noticed that most of his rules are not the same as others. I guess he is just secure enough to let his students communicate with others. I know I will be sure to enforce strict rules about using the internet. I will not allow my students to have their last names or where they live on their blogs or any other sites they are connected to.
- I read and comment on the blog post entitled Lessons Learned: March Madness NCAA. Mr. McClung wrote how much he loves basketball. I love basketball and I grew up playing it. I understood where he was coming from. I don't like watching it on TV as much as I love watching it live and partaking in the actual game. I played center and post growing up. Some other categories under “Lessons Learned,” included 9:23, and Spring Break.
- I thought the drop shots were neat and how he has slide shows on this blog on the left side. I think it would be neat to have as a teacher for sure. I am not sure of anything I would want on my blog that is on his because his is used for educational purposes for his students.
- Mr. McClung’s blog differs from other teachers because he has class rules, a syllabus, expectations,students work ,useful links, as well as the computer app available for the parents and student to use when needed. I love how organized his blog is. He does have his students best interest in mind and wants them to become technologically advanced and have one up on most students in the school system today.
- Mr. McClung's World is one of the best blogs. I don't think I want to change anything about my blog as of now. His blog is geared more toward his students and is better for educational purposes. I would like to one day make a new blog and direct it toward my students for their use. I like the assignments button the best. I think it is important that students keep track of what is coming up and I like that parents have assess to it and can help out with keeping their children on track!
No comments:
Post a Comment